What is personal data?
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) defines in Article 4 Paragraph 1 GDPR in its definitions what is meant by personal data:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as the “data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person; […].”
1. NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS OF THE RESPONSIBLE PARTY AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Data protection officer of the responsible party
Data protection queries can be sent to the data protection officer at TRANSPOREON via e-mail to dataprotection[at]transporeon.com or you can send your request by post to the following address:
Data Protection Officer
2. COLLECTION AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA AND THE NATURE AND PURPOSE OF ITS USE
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.transporeon.com/en/ the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in what is referred to as a log file. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your internet service provider.
The data given is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring smooth connection to the website,
- Ensuring ease of use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for additional administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing here is Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest arises from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of tracing your personal details.
b) Registering for our newsletter
If you have expressly consented in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR via our corresponding form www.transporeon.com/en/contact/newsletter/, we will use your e-mail address to regularly send you our newsletter. This newsletter relates to the area of transport logistics process optimization for the affiliated companies named under section 3, and includes, for example, industry information, product updates, results of completed analyses, and case studies from reference customers.
I) DOI registration
To register for our newsletter, we use what is known as the double-opt-in-procedure (DOI). This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you provide, in which we ask you via a confirmation link that you confirm your subscription to the newsletter. If you do not confirm your subscription within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and after 1 month it will be automatically deleted. In addition, we store the IP addresses you used and the times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to prove your subscription and to be able to detect possible misuse of your personal data.
II) Compulsory information
The only requirement for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The specification of additional, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is defined in Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR.
III) Revocation of consent / cancellation
You can revoke your consent to the sending of our newsletter at any time by unsubscribing. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail or by sending an e-mail to unsubscribe[at]transporeon.com.
IV) Tracking by Marketo EMEA Ltd. (see also point 4. on “Munchkin cookies”)
Please note that we evaluate your user behaviour when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent include what are known as web beacons or tracking pixels that represent one-pixel image files stored on our website. For the evaluations, we link the user profile and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Links included in the newsletter also contain these IDs. With the data obtained in this way, we create a user profile to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. In doing so, we record when you read our newsletters, which links you click on, and draw conclusions about your personal interests. We link this data with actions you have taken on our website.
You can opt-out of this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate unsubscribe link provided in each newsletter e-mail or by contacting us via another contact method. The information will be stored as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter. Following unsubscription, we store the data purely statistically and anonymously.
c) Use of our information services
If, in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR, you have expressly consented to the GDPR via our corresponding form (see table), we will use your e-mail address to inform you regularly about desired services. All of this information (see table) relates to the area of process optimization in transport logistics for the affiliated companies named under section 3 and differs as follows:
- Demo: If you request a demo, one of our account managers will contact you by e-mail or phone to demonstrate our products and the benefits of using them.
- Webinars: A webinar is an online seminar that shows you the latest trends and developments in transport logistics as well as our products and the benefits that come with using them.
- Fact Sheets / Insights / Whitepaper / eBooks / Blogartikel Blog articles (together “Fact Sheets”): A Fact Sheet describes the challenges in transport logistics and how you can solve them with the help of our products. It also describes how our products work and the benefits of using them.
- Product Data Sheets: A product data sheet describes the functions, benefits and possibilities to use a product.
- Training courses: As part of training courses, professionals from our Shipper Consulting Team will show you how to maximise the functionality of our e-sourcing tool. During the course, you will receive access to our demo system and will be able to directly follow and implement the learning content.
- Case studies / success stories / interviews / reference videos (together “Case Studies”): Case Studies explain the introduction of our products to a reference customer. We describe the situation before the introduction of our products and the results that could be achieved with their use.
- Events & trade fairs: We regularly invite you to our internally organised Events, workshops and seminars, as well as to externally organised trade fairs and events. These events will provide you with valuable information relating to transport logistics.
- Carrier Database: The Carrier Database is a database of logistics service providers. Here, shippers can find suitable service providers for requests for bids. Through the use of filter criteria, shippers can determine how many service providers are contained in our global bidder pool prior to requesting bids.
- ROI Calculator: With the ROI Calculator, you calculate the expected savings and the ROI that your company could achieve by using our solutions.
- Guided Tour: The Guided Tour is a virtual tour through our platform/s. In the tour, you can get to knowthe functional range of our platform/s. When you inquire about a Guided Tour, afterwards a Transporeon expert will personally contact you to present our products and their benefits.
The further remarks on the newsletter (see section 2b) apply here accordingly to registration, mandatory entry, revocation and tracking.
d) Use of our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via a form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address so that we know who the request came from and how to answer it. Additional information can be provided voluntarily. Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is done in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR based on your voluntarily granted consent. The personal data collected by us for use in the contact form will be automatically deleted after completion of the request made by you.
e) Use of our comment function
If you use our comment function, your IP addresses will be stored in the context of legitimate interests within the context of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR and stored for 7 days. We store this data for the purposes of preventing misuse and for our security in order to be able to prevent and, if necessary, track illegal content such as abusive behaviour, extremist or religious propaganda or hate messages. This also serves for our own legal protection.
f) Use of our Facebook fan page
g) Participation in our partner program
For some topics we have teamed up with several partners. In case you give your voluntary consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR, we forward your (personal) data from the respective contact form also to those partners. Once the forwarding is completed, your (personal) data is deleted unless you were also interested in our services.
3. DISCLOSURE OF DATA
We provide the data stored here to our affiliated companies:
Heisinger Straße 12
TIM CONSULT GmbH
TRANSPOREON Sp. z o. o.
ul. Gen. Bohdana Zielińskiego 24
Furthermore, we pass on the saved data to our affiliated businesses outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area:
Transporeon Group Americas Inc.
500 W Office Center Drive
1. Kazachiy Pereulok 7,
The European affiliated companies of the TRANSPOREON Group and the affiliated companies outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area have implemented and transcribed the EU standard contractual clauses in order to guarantee an adequate level of data protection and to ensure compliance with the legal requirements of Art. 44 ff. GDPR.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR and is based on your consent given under section 2. b) or 2. c).
a) Session cookies
b) Munchkin cookies
This cookie from Marketo EMEA Ltd. (https://www.marketo.com/company/) (Cairn House – South County Business Park, Leopardstown Road, Dublin 18, Ireland; hereinafter referred to as “Marketo”) allows us to provide you with targeted advertising, based on your personal activities on our website. We only use Munchkin cookies for targeted advertising cookies if you give your consent, e.g. by registering for our newsletter or other information services (see section 2 b, c). The cookie is automatically saved in your browser when you visit our website, but it cannot identify you without your prior consent. This cookie expires 24 months after its storage.
5. ANALYSE-TOOLS [„TRACKING“]
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimisation of our website. Furthermore, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our services. Our interests are to be regarded as justified based on the aforementioned GDPR provision. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics
For the purpose of ensuring a needs-based design and continuous optimisation of our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://about.google/intl/en/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system being used,
- Referrer URL (the page previously visited),
- Hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of server query,
is sent to a server of Google in the USA and stored there.
The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailoring of this website. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymised so that no assignment is possible (IP masking). You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case not all features of this website may be fully available. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link: Disable Google Analytics. An opt-out cookie will be set that will prevent the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will need to set the opt-out cookie again. For more information relating to data privacy in connection with Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Analytics help system (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
b) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
To statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our website, we also use Google Conversion Tracking. In doing so, Google AdWords will set a cookie (see section 4) on your computer if you have reached our website via a Google ad. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If you visit certain pages of the AdWords customer’s website and the cookie has not expired, Google and the customer may recognise that you have clicked on the ad and have been redirected to this website.
c) Content and services from Google Maps, Google Fonts and other third parties
The third-party content or services, in our case, are Google maps or fonts that we include on our sites (third-party content). This always presupposes that the third-party providers are aware of your IP address, as without them they would not be able to send their content to your browser. The IP address is therefore required for to display this content. We endeavour to use only content whose respective providers use the IP address solely for the delivery of the content. Third parties may use so-called pixel tags (invisible graphics, also known as “web beacons”) for statistical or marketing purposes. The “pixel tags” can be used to evaluate information such as visitor traffic to pages on this website. The pseudonymous information may be stored in cookies on the user’s device and may include, but is not limited to, technical information about the browser and operating system, referring web pages, visit time, and other information regarding the use of our online service.
Third party providers as well as links to their privacy statements, which provide further information on the processing of data, are listed below. Options for data removal (known as opt-out) can be found there.
In general, for transparency and choice regarding your Google activities, you can find the “Infochoices” here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/#infochoices.
To ensure appropriate design of our website, we use the Marketo marketing automation tool (see section 4 b). With Marketo, we can allocate IP addresses to companies and thus also to industries and specifically adapt our content on the website. The IP address is not stored, and there is no other use of the IP address.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA PLUG-INS
Reliant to Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR, our website uses Social Plug-ins of the social networks Facebook, Twitter, XING and LinkedIn to publicise the TRANSPOREON Group. The underlying commercial purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the content of the GDPR. Responsibility for the operations compliant with data protection is to be guaranteed by the respective providers. The integration of these plug-ins by us is carried out via what is known as the two-click method to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way.
You will find on our website plugins of the social network LinkedIn / LinkedIn Corporation (2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “LinkedIn”). The plugins, especially the Share button of LinkedIn can be recognised by the corresponding logo.
7. RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
Given below is information on your rights in connection with your personal data:
- According to Art. 15 GDPR, you may request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the rights to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing, or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the source of the data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about the details;
- According to Art. 16 GDPR, you may immediately demand the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored with us;
- According to Art. 17 GDPR, you may also request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless processing such data is required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- According to Art. 18 GDPR, you may request the limitation of processing of your personal data if the accuracy of your data is disputed, the processing is unlawful, but if you decline the deletion of such data and we no longer require the data, however you require the data for the assertion, exercise, or defence of legal claims, or if you have objected to the data processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR (see section 8);
- According to Art. 20 GDPR, you may receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or require it to be forwarded to another responsible party;
- According to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, you may revoke your consent previously given to us at any time. As a result, we are not permitted to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- According to Art. 77 GDPR, you may complain to a supervisory authority. You are normally permitted to contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office.
8. RIGHT TO OBJECT
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation, or the objection relates to direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us with no requirement to give a specific reason. If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to dataprotection[at]transporeon.com.