What can be expected from increasing market concentration? Will transport costs continue to rise or will capacity surplus eventually reassert downward pressure? What markets will be most affected? What will be impacts on service reliability?
Transportation spend effectiveness is more critical than ever as international shippers seek to exploit every opportunity to improve performance. Business today is global in sales and service options. Expectations for punctual, reliable delivery and the relentless pressure to lower cost are challenging managers to create innovative procurement strategies, negotiate using data-justified tactics and continuously monitor results.
TIM CONSULT is the expert resource for success. Our consultant teams have been creating and implementing intelligent transportation solutions for over twenty years. This deep experience can help guide you to that competitive edge.
We apply knowledge and methods accumulated through market intelligence and tendering for leading global companies to provide benchmarking, best practice analyses, market development interpretation and rate indexes. We help you create and implement strategies for optimal results. As experts in transport purchasing and management, we can help secure the most competitive rates and the right partners. We energize your transportation processes with our expertise in innovative concepts, support systems and procedural efficiency.
We are project experts, assuming responsibility from the concept and planning all the way to successful implementation.
That’s how we ensure results. As your dedicated resource, you can delegate tasks to better concentrate on core functions. You will make informed decisions maintain the highest level of communications, and expedite implementation
Market expertise, methodological knowledge and process know-how for your transport
Planning & Management
Customer: International manufacturer of petrochemical products
Freight volume: 45,000 TEU p.a.
Freight budget: USD 25 m p.a.
500 Port Pairs
Market Intelligence Initiative Global Ocean Transport
- Corporate overview of global transport network
- Business unit-specific evaluation of freight budget and cost reduction opportunities
- Development of realistic target rates for application to the tender tool
- Service segmentation with adjusted contract model
Customer: International paper producer
Freight volume: 100,000 TEU p.a.
Freight budget: USD 65 m p.a.
400 Port Pairs
Market Intellligence Initiative Global Ocean Transport
- Central consolidation of shipment data of all business units
- Companywide valuation of rate agreements, processes and organization
- Target rates and tactical procurement support
- Target oriented portfolio advancement of NVO and carriers, including unbundling of all-in offers
- Savings potential of ca. 18% of freight budget
Customer: Automobile manufacturer
More than 200,000 TEU/per year
More than 1,000 routes
Web-based decision making support
- Validated, reliable data as basis for decision
- Results information 15 min after end of tender round
- Instantaneous calculation of optimal allocation per business rules and restrictions
- Deductive analysis of cooperation packets
- Query of several different service alternatives per route
Customer: International automobile manufacturer
Freight volume: 300,000 FTL p.a.
Freight budget: Euro 170 m p.a.
1,000 transport routes in all of Europe
Market Intelligence Initiative Europe Road & Rail
- Market oriented control of freight procurement for different plants
- Validation of market prices and internal cost calculations for transportation
- Creation of centralized freight rate database
- Set realistic target rates for each transport mode
- Best practices for process optimization
Customer: Chemical company
Volume: ca. 80,000 shipments p.a.
More than 100 service providers
Allocation scenarios and decision support
- Preparation by processing data and pre-qualifying bidders
- Automated tender evaluation and calculation of scenarios, simulations and optimization of various business rules pertaining to service, capacity, allocation logic, etc.
- Optimization analysis of each service provider offer
- Visualization of scenarios and calculation of savings potentials